Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Spring & the First Walks of 2016

April in Paris …

“Chestnuts in blossom,                                                                      
Holiday tables under the trees . . .”

And moi, David, I’m blossoming too, as I launch my season of literary walks in Paris in 2016. Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Gertrude Stein, James Joyce, George Orwell, Henry Miller, Samuel Beckett, and James Baldwin are among the Anglophone giants with me.  So are such world-famous French writers as Albert Camus, Jean-Paul Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir, Marcel Proust, Victor Hugo, Dumas, Balzac, Baudelaire, Rimbaud and Verlaine for a few of these towering literary figures, every one with a dramatic personal saga to tell.

As one of my walkers put it, “It seemed that the writers’ spirits were walking along with us, pointing out their favorite haunts and whispering their stories in our ears.”   

View my Schedule of Walks and join me this beautiful Spring season.

Happy strolling with my writers in the most colourful neighborhoods in town!



No comments:

Post a Comment